There are not many words to describe the frustration that last nights game brought upon me. I've been one of the biggest advocates of not only Feaster, but Sutter. I've defended them countless times. The game in Anaheim was the tipping point for me.
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
Although Calgary did come back and tie it - it was one of the worst games I've seen them play in a long time. With the exception of Jarome Iginla (who had an outstanding game again) the Flames' played awful. I stopped counting at 13 giveaways. It seems as if the Calgary Flames have zero hockey sense. They send errant passes to no one, and more often than not - the other team receives the pass. I can forgive a bad pass here and there, but when a team does it constantly I can't let it go. These players are supposed to be professionals, however every team in the league makes Calgary look like minor league players. Outside of a few players, Calgary CAN'T make passes tape-to-tape. It's aggravating to watch, and just shows the lack of skill on the team.
The PP was a complete joke. One of my close friends sent me a text during the game "Most pathetic PP I've ever seen" and it was. The Ducks looked to be on a PP during the Flames man advantage!
It's not only the teams fault however. Previous management (SUTTER) made the mistake of overpaying/overpaying for terrible players (Bouwmeeseter, Stajan...) and the coaching system is awful. The dump and chase system is stagnant, and easy to predict.
I do like what Feaster has done, however. He's been doing a on-the-fly rebuild, which means that we can stay semi-competitive and let our youth play at the same time. It has been said that the Owners want to win now, and so does Feaster...Well if this is true, Feaster needs to do something now.. Waiting until the trade deadline of February 27th is the worst thing to do, and will end up having to overpay...
Anyways, enough of my ranting. I've expressed my displeasure enough.
- Kipper played outstanding as usual. The game SHOULD NOT have gone to OT, but thanks to Kipper - it did.
- Iginla had another great game. Scored a goal similar to the game in Chicago. It seems Calgary is starting to use the stretch pass a lot more...Only about 3 years late on learning to do that one...
- Jay Bo had an awful game, and had 5 giveaways that I counted.
- Brodie played well all around, but had a giveaway that almost cost the Flames' a goal.
- Cammalleri had trouble controlling the puck the entire night. Could not buy a shot.
- Giordano had a mediocre game, and missed a few scoring chances on fanned shots, or passing the puck instead.
- Again, the PP was awful. This was supposed to be improved with Cammalleri, however it has not.
- On the bright side, the Flames' did get 1 point.
The Flames take on San Jose on Wednesday, and will need to win. Most think that if Calgary loses, it will be the tipping point for some trades to be made.
- Flames have been talking to the Lightning in regards to Kubina
- The focus has shifted from Carter, to Roy who is cheaper and a pass-first player
- Tuomo Ruutu could be moved this week (Catalyst for other trades)
- Leafs are no longer after JVR for the moment...They want help NOW.
Follow me on Twitter : @RyanHB
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.