Please hear me out... This may just work:
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
Break the AllStar Game up into a double header... from each coast.
* Select an all star team from each conference from a pool of players that were not on the Conference winning team.
* Select a city in each confernece -- possibly the conference championship city -- and have a game in each, in a double header format.
* Have the conference winning teams play the conference all star... as was done in the early days of the AS game... when the SC Champs played against the other five team's allstars.
* Possibly expand the format, if it proves successful, to have a later season battle of the winners.
* Donate ALL profits from tickets sales to charities of the winning teams choice.
This could spark interest in the game w/o dividing the teams... as is done in a North America/World format, thus fans can cheer on a team rather than a player or country... It would spread around the host cities in a greater rotation -- provided it not the conference winning city hosting method -- and give greater honor and pride to conference winners... Also, it would allow more team representation since each conference would have a full roster made up of players excuding the Conf. wiiner AND all conf. winning players would earn All Star status; which they really do deserve -- non retired players from the prievious years winners can be gathered from current teams to make up that roster.
The games can be played in the weekend before the Super Bowl... with the Early game being vs the Eastern Champs, and the nightcap being vs the western Champs.
The more I think about it, the better it sounds to me.
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.