Notice to Internet Explorer Users
Amidst the lack of stuff going on with Edmonton Oilers I've decided I write a blog focusing on the prospects. The oilers have done great recently in acquiring top end talent through the draft. It's only a matter of time before the talent from the backend begins to shine and the oilers become a solid cup contender, here is my list of the top 5 oilers prospects.
1. Oscar Klefbom - Klefbom has done great things in the WJC and helped team Sweden capture gold. He is regarded by many as one of the top D prospects in all of the NHL. He was set to see top line minutes this year with Farjestads in the Swedish Elite League before a shoulder injury derailed his season. It will be interesting to see if he makes the Oilers this year after having so much time off or if he is sent to the AHL for further development. Either way, he will be a force on the oilers blue line sooner rather then later.
2. Darnell Nurse - Nurse was the Oilers first round pick this year and the second defenceman taken in the draft. Many people have projected him to be like Chris Pronger. At 6'3, 185 pounds he is still growing, he will become a wrecking ball on on the Oilers D. Oilers fans will have to wait a few more years to see Nurse dawn the orange and blue as he likely still has a few years left in junior to develop.
3. Martin Marincin - Marincin 6'5 200 lbs just came off of an awesome rookie year with the OKC Barons, after a strong start and slower finish he posted 7 goals, 23 assists, and a plus 20 rating he was able to turn the heads o the Oilers brass. He is an offensive defenceman who can anchor a power play and will likely have another year in the AHL, don't be surprised to see Marincin on the oilers D a year from now.
4. Toni Rajala - Rajala is another small but gifted forward in the Oilers system, at 5' 10 and 163 lbs. Rajala dominated the AHL this season with scoring 17 goals, 28 assists, for 45 points in his brief 46 game stint with OKC. Rajala will suffer do to the oilers having their top 6 set, but if he continues to put up points at his current pace, the Oilers might not have another option but to give him a promotion.
5. Antti Tyrvainen - Here is my off the board pick with Tyrvainen listed at number 5. He is not offensively gifted scoring 3 goals and 2 assists in 35 games last year. But ask anyone else in the AHL what they thought of him. Tyrvainen is a pest that can get under just about anyone's skin, he is exactly what the oilers are missing which every winning team seems to have. He will need to step up his offensive game before getting a shot in the big league.
Thanks for reading!
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.