The Edmonton Oilers are set to draft Connor McDavid 1st overall after winning the lottery last Saturday. Now we're wondering who else completes the top 5 ? So many solid prospects to choose from. I'll do a mock draft of the first five picks.rnrn
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
1. EDM: Connor McDavid,Center. A no brainer at this point. The Oilers will have amazing depth at center for years to come with McDavid-RNH-Drasaitl-Lander.rnrn
2. BUF: Jack Eichel, Forward. In any other draft, this guy would go first overall, he gave Connor a good battle all season. Buffalo gets a great forward to add to their amazing prospect pool. Imagine a Kane-Reinhart-Eichel line in a year or two! Many compare him to Chicago's Jonathan Toews.rnrn
3. ARI: Dylan Strome, Center. At #3, the choice is hard, you either pick the Giant rnCenter or the Solid Two Way Dman. I think Arizona is better of with a big time center. They already have OEL in the backend as a high end defensemen. Strome would join a nice group of forward prospects including Max Domi, Christian Dvorak, Anthony Duclair, Tobias Rieder, Brandon Perlini and many more!rnrn
4. TOR: Noah Hanifin, Dman. As I said before, at this spot it's a toss up between Strome and Hanifin. He would go join Morgan Rielly and could potentially be one of the best defensive duos for a long time. A team is built from the back end, with the Leafs just starting their rebuild, Hanifin is a great pick. They picked a forward in the 1st round in the last 2 years.rnrn
5. CAR: Mitchel Marner, Forward. What an exciting player! A lot similar to Patrick Kane. They already have a guy like him on the team in Jeff Skinner, but at #5 I feel that he is the better choice. If you saw any London Knights game this year, you'll know how talented he is. He would go join Elias Lindholm and potentially becoming a core member of their offense.rnWhat are your predictions for the draft?rnrn
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.