Good things to take away from last night's win:
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
1. Mike Comrie scored with a Bill Guerin assist. They just continue to produce on that first line. Ruslan Fedotenko is the unsung hero of this line, even when not on the stat chart, he does things that help his linemates pass and score.
2. Miroslav Satan scored two goals. We can talk about that 1st line all we want, but lines can be shutdown if it's the ONLY threat. Satan must score. As must the Hunter-Sillinger line. This is Satan's contract year.
3. Bryan Berard had some good plays and did come on strong towards the end of preseason.
4. Jon Sim scored again. Really nice work in the corners.
5. The Rick has looked good in goal.
6. Marc-Andre Bergeron is producing also. If he sticks with Andy Sutton, those might appreciate that Andy has a nice hard shot, so that MAB won't always get swarmed like when Poti would fail to shoot, making the Powerplay too predictable at times. MAB still is one of Snow's better pickups. I see a 50pt year if they can get a consistent PP going with Berard or Martinek.
The Bad Stuff
1. Andy Hilbert on the 2nd or 3rd line? Many fans of Sean Bergenheim and Jeff Tambellini were dismayed when after some had said that the Boston game would have most of the final roster, and Tambs was shuffled to the 4th line as Bergie was sitting out. Hilbert's point total is less than desired on a top line. Top lines need to have pivot players, but also need to be able to produce. Hilbert does not have the speed of Tambs nor the hitting ability of Bergie. I just don't see it.
2. Chris Campoli sitting in the press box. Some have walked away from this thinking Campoli is the oddman out. Not so fast. They are happy with Campoli's camp, and he is likely to be on the team. So more of evaluations of others in the final game. So, as you heard here first last week, and I'll repeat now: Chris Campoli will be on the NHL team roster.
3. Kip Brennan was out, Darryl Bootland in. Just a personal thing. I thought Kip had a very good camp. But might serve better as the callup if needed while Bootland might serve better with a more rounded game at least til Chris Simon returns.
4. Freddy Meyer who was in big danger of not making this team had to miss yesterday's game when his wife went into labor. To me, Freddy Meyer is the most likely suspect to be shed. Grats to Freddy on fatherhood though.
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.