Inspired by Jason Blake's unmovable contract I thought I'd post the 5 Most untradeable contracts in the league.
5. Ryan Malone 4 more years @4.5 million- This was a toss up between him and Michael Ryder. Malone wins because his team is playing terrible. It doesn't matter if you're a playoff performer if you can't get your team to the playoffs.
4. Sean Avery 3 more years @3.875 million- This contract makes the least amount of sense to me. You can find more then enough pesty players in the 'A' who will do the same job without being a cancer on the organization
3. Wade Redden 5 more years @ 6.5 million- When Ottawa, who is desperate for defensemen makes no attempt at re-signing Redden, why would he command 6 million dollars. When Sundin signs in Vancouver and Shanahan signs in Philly, New York will hate Redden even more.
2. Jason Blake 3 more years @ 4 million- Goes without saying, His good year is behind him. He has a piss poor attitude, and is the oldest guy on the list. I think he is the only player who is truly unmovable, except.......
1. Rick Dipietro Until he dies @ 4.5million- I'm not sure why he is the goaltender of the future, but apparently the future will involve alot of lottery draft picks. The nice thing is his contract won't hit the cap too hard because of the time he'll spend on injury reserve.
Honorable Mentions For: The Blackhawks with Brian Campbell's Brian McCabe style contract and Huet's 6 million dollar backup role.
At the end of the day it will be interesting to see how Burke rids Toronto of Blake.
I'm hoping it's not the easy way out and putting him on waivers, I don't even want to see him on the Marlies.