Many users have already written about the Scott/Kessel ordeal, here are some of the most important facts to keep in mind before stating your opinion on the matter:
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
- Scott was on the ice already during the Tropp fight and stayed on the ice
- Carlyle put Kessel out on the ice, knowing Scott was already out there
- Scott was going to fight whoever was put next to him, be it Kessel, Orr, Carlyle, or anyone else
- Self-defense could maybe, MAYBE, be used for the first slash. But continuing to hack away as he was fighting other players is not self-defense.
- Blatant multiple attempts to injure any other player (especially with a weapon) should be severely punished, regardless of injury or star power
- Number of punches Scott threw at Kessel: Zero
- Number of two-handed slashes Kessel landed on Scott: 2-3
- Number of spears at Scott: 1
- Number of players tangled with Scott when he was speared: 1
- Number of referees tangled with Scott when he was speared: 1
- Number of guys tangled up with Scott when he was being slashed by Kessel: 2-3
- Number of Leafs fans with goggles on: seemingly all of them
- Best reason Leafs fans give for claiming John Scott should be suspended: "He... umm... he grabbed our best player's jersey."
- Best reason Leafs fans give for claiming Ron Rolston should be suspended: "He has John Scott on his team and he let him bring his fists on the ice with him."
John Scott will not and should not be suspended. End of story.
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.