Let me introduce myself since this being my first blog here, my name is Tom and I'm a hardcore Flyers fan, even more a hockey fan. I hate the Penguins with a passion, one much great to describe yet I hate Sidney Crosby even more. That's a quick little intro to me.
As it stands right now, my Flyers are standing fourth in the conference - tied with those pansies across the state - and as much I hate those Pens, I'm not afraid to say that I don't want the Flyers playing Pittsburgh in the first round.
So here is how I think the East will turn out:
1. Devils - They are playing great hockey as a team with tremendous goaltending and a very good offense. I think they'll catch up to Boston and overtake them as the top seed.
2. Bruins - They have been down spiraling of late and they'll slip up.
3. Capitals - Ovechkin's great, Theodore not so much. They'll win the division and get the third seed but I don't see them escaping the first round, especially if the Fly guys fall to number six.
4. Flyers - Biron has been playing out of his mind in March and I think he'll carry that over into the playoffs. The offense is still very good and the defense is way underrated. The main issue is their special teams. If their powerplay plays like it did for most of the season, they will most definitely get the four seed, if not, then they'll fall.
5. Penguins - As much as I don't want them, they are playing too great right now. I don't think they'll be able to get the fourth spot because the Flyers have three games in hand over Pittsburgh.
6. Rangers - Torts gets them in and wins the first round.
7. Hurricanes - I think the Rangers have two games in hand over the Canes and they will capitalize on those to take the sixth seed.
8. Panthers - I think they beat out the Canadiens with a hot finish of the season, more than the Canadiens are the reason why the Panthers get in. I think Price slips up and cost them a playoff spot.
Who do I really want to play? If it were up to me, I want the Flyers play the Bruins or the Caps but I hope they don't. I don't want the Pens nor the Rangers. BUT even if they do get one of those (most likely) I do really think that they will go deep into the playoffs.