The Flames' get out shot 32-25 against the surging Los Angeles Kings, and again can't score, however the overall game was a solid performance by Calgary. Here are some notes on last nights' game, as well as some others leading up to tomorrows' game against Edmonton.
- Jarome Iginla was a beast last night. Scoring a Powerplay goal, and coming in 2nd on the team for total ice time. He also was a dominate force in the faceoff circle, winning 7/10 draws. Iginla finished the game with an even +/-.
- The Flames' search for offense continued last night, as they scored only 1 goal. However, Los Angeles is a very sound defensive club, so we can cut the criticism for one night.
- Roman Horaks' ice time has been decreasing all season. It dropped to 7:25 last night, one of his lowest totals all season. I'm not a fan of playing rookies such minimal minutes, as it does not help their development.
- Although it doesn't show it, tonight was one of Mikael Backlund's best games. He played just under 22 minutes, and was a threat every shift.
- Kipper stood on his head again, with a .968 SV% and a great performance in the SO.
Some Notes on Tomorrows' Game
- Alex Tanguay and Brendan Morrison are probable for tomorrows' game against Edmonton. (Morrison is 100%, Tanguay is not yet)
- Rumour has it that Irving will start tomorrow for Calgary, Khabby for Edmonton.
- In watching today's practice, Brent Sutter was using Cammalleri on a line with Iginla and Tanguay. Both Iginla and Cammalleri were rotated through the Centre position. So it's a possibility that either one plays Centre for a game. If nothing else, at least the 1st period.
- Jay Feaster announced last night that he wants to get Kolanos of the Abbotsford Heat signed to a two-way deal. It was confirmed today that they are currently in negotiations.
- Flames prospect Sven Baertschi will play in Portlands' next game, following an injury during the World Juniors.
Follow me on Twitter @RyanHB