Well there's another one in the books folks. The Calgary Flames' defeat the young and vibrant Edmonton Oilers, 6 - 2 in what did not look like a 'Battle of Alberta'. Although the shots (23-23) would indicate a fair game, it was far from it.
A few things from the game to note:
- Lee Stempniak was a monster, scoring 3 G, adding 1 A for a total of 4 points. He also finished the night with a + 5 rating.
- Jay Bo, also had a stellar night with 1 G, 2 A for 3 points and a + 3.
- On a lesser note, Jarome Iginla was an awful - 2. He was on for the 2 and only goals that Edmonton scored, as was Cammalleri.
- Other players who played good ; Blake Comeau - scored a nice goal, and finished with a + 4. Olli Jokinen, with another good game grabbing 2 assists for a + 4 rating.
- I must also point out, Brendan Morrison played a very good game for his 1st one back in a while. Near the end, he had a great chance but Dubnyk rushed out to stop him.
- I spoke to Alex Tanguay's Agent, who said that Tanguay did not participate in last nights' game due to conditioning. He felt tired, and was not ready for the game.
- Prospect Sven Baertschi, in his second game back had 1 assist, and was a - 3 rating. He's been back for two games now, and has 2 points in that span with a - 2 rating. His coach has said that before Sven plays tonight against Spokane, that he will undergo a physical again.
- It appears the next forward to be called up, pending an injury is infact Krys Kolanos. Was confirmed this morning.
- Tanguay will likely play next game. Their next game is Tuesday against the Sharks, in Calgary. Alex visited a doctor today, and his status will be updated tomorrow.
- Cammalleri, and Iginla will both be tried on Centre for Tuesdays' game against San Jose.
- Irving likely to get the start. It will be a big test for the young kid.
That's all folks. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday.
Don't forget to follow me on twitter @RyanHB