Here are 13 why reasons that Mats Sundin should sign with the Habs:
1. Sundin has a Stanley Cup drought of 17 years and the Hab have a drought of 15 years. They are in a position to help each other out.
2. Sundin would put himself to not only win a Stanley Cup, but to win it in the greatest hockey city on earth. When you win a cup in Carolina, you get a ring. When you win a cup in Montreal, you become a legend. You are immortalized and remembered for all time.
3. Montreal does not have a #13 in the hall of fame.
4. Montreal does not have a #13 currently on their roster.
5. If Sundin signs a two-year deal, Montreal can catch up to the Yankees for the most North American major league sports titles with 26.
6. Montreal finished first overall in their conference without a bona fide top line centre. Imagine how much better they will be with the addition of Sundin and Tanguay!
7. George Laraque will ensure no funny business happens to him.
8. Brisebois is no longer on defence.
9. Sundin would get to play AGAINST the Leafs next year. That will pad his points total.
10. There is still Tim Hortons coffee available in Montreal.
11. The most enthusiastic fans in Montreal are hockey fans, not soccer fans.
12. Carey Price can only perform better after the quarter finals last year.
13. Who really wants to be remembered as a Toronto Maple Leaf?