Many users have already written about the Scott/Kessel ordeal, here are some of the most important facts to keep in mind before stating your opinion on the matter:
- Scott was on the ice already during the Tropp fight and stayed on the ice
- Carlyle put Kessel out on the ice, knowing Scott was already out there
- Scott was going to fight whoever was put next to him, be it Kessel, Orr, Carlyle, or anyone else
- Self-defense could maybe, MAYBE, be used for the first slash. But continuing to hack away as he was fighting other players is not self-defense.
- Blatant multiple attempts to injure any other player (especially with a weapon) should be severely punished, regardless of injury or star power
- Number of punches Scott threw at Kessel: Zero
- Number of two-handed slashes Kessel landed on Scott: 2-3
- Number of spears at Scott: 1
- Number of players tangled with Scott when he was speared: 1
- Number of referees tangled with Scott when he was speared: 1
- Number of guys tangled up with Scott when he was being slashed by Kessel: 2-3
- Number of Leafs fans with goggles on: seemingly all of them
- Best reason Leafs fans give for claiming John Scott should be suspended: "He... umm... he grabbed our best player's jersey."
- Best reason Leafs fans give for claiming Ron Rolston should be suspended: "He has John Scott on his team and he let him bring his fists on the ice with him."
John Scott will not and should not be suspended. End of story.
The best blog of the issue... thanks LOL
Glad you like :)
This was what I just said before. Nice post. I am a Sabres fan but would not care if Scott were fined but again, he did not threw a punch at Kessel at all. Clarkson and Kessel made poor judgement
best. article. ever.
This article was definitely written to spite the dumb leaf fans. Scott did nothing to deserve punishment but other players now look at him as a joke because he took on a much smaller, less feasible opponent. People say it was because of the tropp fight in which tropp instigated and got his butt whooped and hit his head on the ice. I understand Scott was going after whoever he was lined up with, but buffalo started it and kept it going. You messed with a team with a bunch of tough guys, real smart move Scott.
Nice post, actually rational compared with all the heaps of BS that have been written about this. The fact that Rolston is facing a Fine for "player selection" and "team conduct", says so much about this league and the influence of the Canadian(Toronto) hockey media.
Agree 100% Great rationally written blog.
Can you do us a favor and take over for Garth....even as a Sabres fan his useless yammering is nauseating.
jklimmy.......I highly doubt that Scott fears any of the leafs players.
Another Leaf Hater
I would think Scott fears the wrath of Orr. They all do.
I do not think that Scott fears Orr. Orr is tough but I think they would be matched evenly. The Leafs do need some mental toughness though or they will choke like they did in game 7 of the first round.
Unless its another shorten season. the leafs wont make the first round. lol
Unless its another shorten season the leafs wont make the first round. lol
So Kessel was just defending himself from what you say was a premeditated assault from Scott. Got it.
It`s funny how everyone believes Kessel on how Scott told him he was gonna jump him, it`s funny how even on the video it shows Mrs. Kessel chirping at Scott before the puck dropped, what was he saying, oh John please don`t Bitch slap me.It`s over, good read, don`t think Scott really cares what people think. Met him oncewas actually a pretty nice guy to talk too.