Quick note on Kaberle:
I heard from a source at the hotel hosting the NHL's research, development and orientation camp last week who ran into Florida GM Dale Tallon. He asked him why Kaberle wasn't dealt and Tallon said because he's a potential UFA next year and just simply too soft a defenseman for any team to offer what Burke was asking. He also said the best offer Burke had was from Boston, who offered him Marc Savard and Boston's 1st round pick. Burke obviously turned it down. Food for thought.
Once a week, I'm going to have a new Who Am I? trivia. I'll post 10 facts about an NHL player, past or present and see if you can guess who it is without cheating. That means no Googling and no Wikipedia! Keep in mind they will be players from the late 70's/early 80's to the present so there will be no answers like Frank Mahovlich or Gump Worsley.
Now, for my inaugural Who Am I?, I'm going to use my favourite all-time player. The answer may surprise you. Good luck!
Who Am I? #1
1. I was drafted 3rd overall by an Original Six team.
2. I’ve played for 6 NHL teams in my 16-year career.
3. I had my most productive seasons with a different Original Six team.
4. I won the Stanley Cup once, with yet another Original Six team.
5. I retired as a member of the same team that drafted me.
6. I became a head coach but was fired after only 1 ½ seasons behind the bench.
7. I played for the U.S. in the 1984 Winter Olympics.
8. My coaching career was interrupted by a lockout.
9. I am currently an NHL analyst.
10. I made hockey headlines for a call I made during the 2010 Vancouver Olympics.
Who am I?