"I love winning, man. It's like, better than losing."
-Tim Robbins as Ebby Calvin "Nuke" LaLoosh, Bull Durham
That's probably what the remaining Leafs from opening night last season are quietly thinking to themselves. I doubt they'd say it aloud though, in fear of jinxing the you-know-what. But it is such a good feeling for Leaf fans too. Yes, we realize the season is only three games deep, but what Leaf-bashers don't understand is that it has been a long long time since we've been able to feel this way at the start of a season. Why waste the opportunity by being negative and waiting for the wheels to fall off? It isn't just the wins, but the general feeling surrounding the team these days that is allowing us to feel this way. There's an air of optimism and excitement that hasn't been there since before the lockout. We're not 'planning the parade' as so many of you are quick to accuse us of whenever we get a little bit excited about our team. But we are planning a winter's worth (and perhaps a little bit of Spring?) of exciting blue-and-white hockey. And why not? We deserve it!
Having said my piece, here we go with another NHL Who Am I? trivia question, which I'm sure at least one of you will snag within 3.8 seconds:
NHL Who Am I? #6
1. I played junior with the OHL’s Oshawa Generals.
2. I played for 6 NHL teams over my 24-year career.
3. I am among the NHL’s all-time leaders in points at my position.
4. I was the captain of my only Stanley Cup winning team.
5. I twice led the NHL in power play goals in a season.
6. I had three 90-point seasons.
7. I was once traded for a future Hall of Fame goaltender.
8. I was a 1st round draft pick, but not by the team I won the Cup with.
9. I had my best offensive seasons with my 2nd team.
10. I played 11 seasons with the team that drafted me.
Who am I?