* Inspired by Eric Engels' thought provoking question blogs*
Ten questions to ponder while you prepare for the Leafs - Thrashers tilt tonight:
1) If you were Brian Burke, who would you unload before the Trade Deadline?
2) Matt Stajan is on pace for 20 goals and 64 points (in 76 games). Trade him while his value is high, or lock him up as an integral piece to the Leafs' future?
3) Justin Pogge is scorching hot in the AHL ( 1.64 GAA, .934 SV% in his last 7 games). Is the time now to insert him to the Leafs' lineup, or would some extra seasoning in the AHL serve him better?
4) Burke is reportedly interested in bolstering his club through college prospects (who are UFA's). D Matt Gilroy (20GP, 2G, 12 PTS) and C Tyler Bozak (18GP, 7G, 21 PTS) are some the names being thrown around. Do you think this is an important step for the Leafs' rebuilding plan?
5) Should the Leafs pursue an enforcer, or is the tandem of Deveaux and May -and I suppose Mayers - effective enough already?
6) Should the Leafs pursue Jay Bouwmeester? Who would you be willing to unload?
7) What type of return do you think Kaberle will garner if he decides to waive his NTC?
8) If the Leafs were to grasp the 1st overall pick - god knows they can’t overcome the almighty Islanders - who would you choose, Tavares or Hedman? And why?
9) Where do you think the Leafs will land in terms of draft positioning? Who would use choose based off that decision?
And finally, the question you've all been waiting for... give me a drum roll...
10) Will Grabovski and S.Kostitsyn duke it out during their next contest at the Bell Centre, Feb.7th? If so, who will win? And what finisher move will they perform for the "Finish him!" finale?