Here is what you need to know as you set your fantasy hockey roster for week 5 (11/8 to 11/14):
Teams with 2 Games: Columbus, Dallas, LA, Nashville, New Jersey, Philadelphia
Teams with 4 Games: Anaheim, Atlanta, Edmonton, Phoenix, Tampa Bay, Washington
Not that you needed another reason to avoid playing your Devils this week (if you have any that are actually healthy), but the Devils are looking at just 2 games this week. Also on the list of teams to avoid, Nashville is on the road at St. Louis and home to Chicago in their only 2 games of the week. Not a recipe for fantasy dominance at this point.
Again, not that you needed a reason, but if you have Caps, play 'em. 4 games, including matchups with Buffalo and home against Atlanta should make for some nice stats.
• Dustin Byfuglien (?-ATL) - not sure what position he's listed at in your league. If he's still qualifying as a defensemen, he's huge. 12 points in his last 10 games.
• Mike Green (D-WAS) - 2 goals and 3 assists in his last 3 games
• Tim Thomas (G-BOS) - 7-0 on the season with a 0.72 GAA. Doesn't get any hotter.
• Chris Stewart (F-COL) - scoreless last night, but before that, he rode a 8 point scoring streak, racking up 14 points over that stretch
• Claude Giroux (F-PHI) - 9 points in his last 5 games.
Mark Letestu (F-PIT) - After a hot start, he's been held scoreless for 7 straight games.
All things Islanders:
• Matt Moulson - 1 goal last night, but before that, he went 3 straight without a point
• PA Parenteau - 1 point in last 5 games
• John Tavares - 1 point in last 4 games
• Rick DiPietro - 3 straight losses, averaging 5+ GAA
Viktor Stalberg (F-CHI)
5 points in his last 5 games. He's only taken in 10% of CBS leagues and 2% in Yahoo.
Jeff Skinner (F-CAR)
Skinner leads all rookies in scoring with 10 points. He has 6 points in his last 4 games. He's going quick. He's gone from 26% owned to 48% owned in CBS in the past week. He's available in almost all Yahoo leagues.
Mathieu Garon (G-COB)
After a shutout last night, Garon is 4-0 on the season, with a 0.89 GAA. He's going fast on the waiver wire. He's still available in 85% of CBS and Yahoo leagues, but that won't last long.
Derek Brassard (F-COB)
Brassard has 5 goals and 7 points overall in the last 6 games. He's a big reason for Columbus' recent hot streak. Brassard is only taken in 1/3 of CBS leagues and 1/5 of Yahoo leagues.
Keep or Drop?
Fantasy owners are facing decisions on several injured or struggling players. Here's my take on what to do.
Zach Parise (F-NJ)
Are you kidding? Parise is starting to pop up on waiver wires, due to his 3 month injury status. If you have any prayer of making the playoffs, DO NOT DROP HIM. Don't be a fool. He's supposed to be back in Feb/March in time to be your top forward down the stretch.
Antti Niemi (G-SJ)
Due to his tough start and Niittimaki pulling his weight, owners have been quick to drop Niemi. I'm holding on to him in my league. The Sharks will win games, and Niittimaki has never been able to hold on to a starting job for long. I'm giving him more time.
Tuukka Rask (G-BOS)
This is a tough one, as Thomas is showing no signs of relinquishing his crease. It still shocks me to see how many poolies are tossing Rask out so soon. Many were picking him to win the Vezina a few weeks ago. He'll get his chances. Be patient here. I've already scooped him up in one league, biding my time for his chance to come.
Jordan Staal (F-PIT)
I was high on Staal to start the season, but with the hand injury now, I'd be looking for other options. The good news is that his foot should be 100% when he finally returns. Even so, if you can find a better option, take it.
Daily Fantasy Players to Target
If you're playing daily leagues on Fanduel (http://partners.fanduel.c...ckthrgh.asp?btag=a_440b_4
) this week, here are a few players to target that are currently undervalued:
Left Wing (top value is Alex Ovechkin at 9,900)
• Ville Leino (PHI) - 4,500
• Milan Lucic (BOS) - 5,200
• Andrei Kostitsyn (MON) - 5,900
Right Wing (top value is Alex Semin at 8,300)
• Claude Giroux (PHI) - 5,600
• Jordan Eberle (EDM) - 3,800
• Jeff Skinner (CAR) - 3,700
• Johan Franzen (DET) - 5,900
• Matt D'Agonstini (STL) - 4,100
Center (top value is Steven Stamkos at 8,500)
• Tyler Seguin (BOS) - 3,500
• John Tavares (NYI) - 5,700
• Derek Brassard (COB) - 5,000
Defense (top value is Mike Green at 7,400) -- not worth spending the money on defense...
• Alex Pietrangelo (STL) - 3,600
• P.K. Subban (MON) - 4,300
• Cam Fowler (ANA) - 3,100
• Anton Babchuck (CAR) - 3,600
• John Carlson (WAS) - 4,400
• Paul Martin (PIT) - 4,300
Goalie (top value is Jaroslav Halak at 8,600) -- make sure they're starting before hand...
• Corey Crawford (CHI) - 3,600
• Sergei Bobrovsky (PHI) - 4,100
• Kari Lehtonen (DAL) - 5,700
To get more free fantasy hockey tips and tools, visit http://www.landsharkhockey.com