Short schedule this week with two days off for Christmas. All over the board, from 1 game to 4 by team:
Teams with 1 Game: NY Rangers, Philadelphia
Teams with 4 Games: Atlanta, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, Tampa Bay, Vancouver
More than any other week this season, it's important to pay attention to the schedule next week. If you've got Rangers or Flyers in your lineup, you may consider sitting them in favor of some depth Penguins, Lightning, or Canucks. Four games is plenty of opportunity for a depth forward to outscore even the best of your Flyers in just one contest. Tampa has the bye against the Islanders, while Pittsburgh gets to pile the points on Florida and Ottawa next week.
• Tomas Fleischmann (COL) - back to back 3 point games. 10 points in his last 6 games
• Ilya Kovalchuk (NJ) - first time we can list his name here this season. Points in 3 straight games. 2 goals / 3 assists in that span.
• Marc Staal (D-NYR) - points in 4 straight. 6 goals already on the season.
• Craig Anderson (G-COL) - has won 4 straight
• Anders Lindback (G-NAS) - has also won 4 straight, including 2 shutouts
• Brian Boucher (G-PHI) - won 3 straight and 5 of last 6 games
• James Wisniewski (D-NYI) - 1 assist in his last 6 games. Held without a shot on goal in 3 of those games.
• Patrick Marleau (F-SJ) - over the past two weeks, Marleau is a -14 and has just 6 points. He is wildly inconsistent.
• Brian Elliot (G-OTT) - hasn't won a game since Nov. 27th. GAA is approaching 3.
• Corey Crawford (G-CHI) - after a nice winning streak, he's dropped 2 straight with a GAA of 3.71
Evgeni Nabokov (G-???)
Nobody is quite sure what's going on with Nabokov right now, but if you've got a roster spot sitting empty, it's worth taking a claim on Nabokov, if he's still out there. He was released from duty in the KHL, meaning he could theoretically sign with anyone at anytime. If he by chance lands on a decent squad like Tampa or Washington, you could have a free stud in net.
Bryan Little (F-ATL)
He's been held scoreless in the last two games; however, prior to that, he had 6 points in 6 games. Little's playing time has been climbing steadily up to an average of about 20 minutes a game now.
Dan Cleary (F-DET)
Cleary has 6 points in his last 4 games, as his role with the Wings has been on the rise. He already has 14 goals on the season and should easily set a career high there this season.
Randy Jones (D-TB)
Jones is on a 4 game point streak. Last game against Atlanta, he was on the ice for 22 minutes. He's becoming a big part of the Lightning attack right now.
Keep or Drop?
Fantasy owners are facing decisions on several injured or struggling players. Here's my take on what to do.
Ryan Callahan (G-NYR)
Callahan had been a pleasant surprise for the Rangers and fantasy owners so far this season; however, that came to a halt when he broke his hand this week. He will likely be out two months, making him expendable at this point. Drop him now.
To get more free fantasy hockey tips and tools, visit http://www.landsharkhockey.com