The final day of the regular season is upon us. This weekend provided some of the most exciting hockey in recent memory. There are still some playoff matchups to be determined, some fine-tuning of lines to be done, some "messages to be sent". (Damn, gotta save that one for my next cliche blog... write that down...)
As I look to Sunday's slate of games, I see some interesting matchups. Some games today are even 1st-round previews, which should be good for getting the blood boiling a little early.
And then, there's the true Clash of Titans......
Blues at Blue Jackets.
Why on EARTH would anyone watch this game? Plenty of reasons:
- You date a supermodel who's turned on by the sound of Jeff Rimer's voice
- You're a Kings fan who wants to see what their season MIGHT have been....
- You've been screwing with your Satellite receiver, and it now only gets one channel
- You're hoping to be selected in the first round of the upcoming NHL Draft, and want to get a head-start on house-hunting
- You long to hear the impassioned cries of "THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!" one more time
- You're a Vancouver fan and............ wait.......... Calgary just scored again......
- You're a Caps fan, and are under doctor's orders not to do anything that might escalate your heart rate after yesterday's game
- You foolishly bought tickets hoping one team would be clinching a playoff spot
- Your socks are already washed, matched, sorted, categorized, numbered, bar-coded, scanned into image database, blessed by clergy and placed into a hermetically sealed container in your safety deposit box.
- To fulfill a community service obligation
- You're a Canes fan, and need to be reminded that at least YOUR team had a shot at the playoffs...
- Sheer unabashed pity