Anyone see the Leafs/Islanders game Tuesday night? Rob Davison of the Islanders scored on a slapshot from just in front of the goal line.
The OTHER goal line. The one 180 feet away.
An embarrassing moment to be sure. But we think Toskala had some valid reasons for allowing what seemed to be such a soft goal...
- Was distracted by blue dot and red comet tail around puck
- Busy reassuring Ice girls that he'd be happy to move out of their way when the time comes
- the sun was in his eyes
- Was watching Bullfighting on Versus before game
- goaltending equipment wasn't quite big enough
- was expecting the invisible man to shoot, not deke
- was listening to Pierre Maguire tell another story about when he coached Jaromir Jagr
- to irritate Bill Watters
- was looking through a copy of Former Gov. Spitzer's address book
- Bucking for position of new HB Chat TML Scapegoat since the Wade Belak trade
- Hired Bill Buckner as private goalie coach
- Expecting McCabe to deflect it top-corner
- Those pucks hurt, ya know????
- wanted to do SOMETHING to get the hockey world talking about the Leafs... FOR ONCE!!!