Where do we begin with this years Buffalo Sabres? Is it a lack of a couple smash mouth d men? Is it inconsitant play in the goal position? Do we play the injury card again?
Here is a few ways to fix the problems:
1. Get Healthy on the blueline- missing Teppo, Kalinin, Spacek & now recently acquired Nolan Pratt.
2. Play more physical- Guys like Mair, Goose, Tallinder, Paille & Kotalik need to throw their weight around a bit more consitantly.
3. Less of Peters & more of Ryan- I am not trying to get down on Peters but lets be serious for a minute. The guy has suited up for 8 games played in 7 and averages 2:10 of ice a night. Ryan on the other hand has played in 7 games as well and sees 9:00 of ice. Ryan is more productive and can be used in more situations than Andrew.
4. Consitant Effort- Take tonights loss to the Habs. They played well but couldn't find the back of the net. If they play more games like tonights they will be fine. Just need to hammer a couple home and they will get back on track.
5. Miller Time- Lets face it Ryan Miller needs to step it up a notch. ( Tonight he did, just no goal support) Anyone who thinks this guy isn't human need to look no farther than the recent & unfortunate loss of his cousin MATT MAN. This loss no doubt has affected Ryan like it would any of us. To loss someone that close to you is hard. Miller will work through it. Hopefully sooner than later.
6. Shake Up the Roster- I hope it doesn't come to this. But lets be honest if they dont get it going soon. Some guys need to see the press box or a one way ticket out of town. Maybe a few call ups will get them going. Dylan Hunter & Clarke McArthur might be a needed spark for these guys to wake up and get it going.
Discuss amongst yourselfs. And here is to the Sabres getting back on track Wednesday night vs The Bruins