1) The game is over by 9pm. Wow, what a difference it makes to have an opponent in your time zone.
2) The first two periods had me in "gulp" mode, but I think the Stars were somewhat shell-shocked at the start (though I can't really say why). However, a strong 3rd period showed more of the team we've seen in the first two rounds...so I'm feeling better now. I don't think this loss is a killer by any means, and I'm certain they'll regroup for a much better second game Saturday. It just got out of hand too fast tonight.
3) All but one of the goals came on the power play, so the obvious take-away from this is: work on the penalty kill or just don't take penalties.
4) The Stars had a couple of missed opportunities (hit posts, unconverted breakaways) that could have been game changers...but they weren't. Period.
5) Marty was good, but it obviously wasn't one of those nights where he could stop a shot with his eyes closed. I don't think any of the goals were soft...and one probably should have been goalie interference. There's only so much you can do when you're team keeps going down a man to strong power play unit.
6) These are not the Ducks or Sharks. However, we are not the Predators or Avalanche, either. This series is going long. Strap yourself in for the ride, folks.
Despite the loss...I'm feeling pretty good! Dallas played a physical game, but with too many penalties...the same recipe that cost them one of the games to the Ducks in round one. They can...and will...respond. I say Dallas takes game two, 3-2, on Saturday.