Happy 2017 folks!!! Ik it's not the greatest attention grabber, but it's been so long since I've been able to blog. I'm glad to be back. And I'm back in the thick of things in Ohio's state capital.
Notice to Internet Explorer Users
The Blue Jackets wrapped up the end of the month and the end of 2016 with a hot streak, and start the new year on the same streak. They have won 16 straight games:
1. They beat Tampa Bay on November 29, 2016 by a final score of 5-3.
2. Columbus defeated Colorado in the Mile High City 3-2 on December 1st.
3. Columbus beats Arizona in the desert 3-2 in a shootout on December 3rd.
4. Columbus comes back home to defeat the Coyotes 4-1 on December 5th.
5. The Jackets bested the Red Wings by a final score of 4-1 in the Joe on December 9th.
6. On December 10th, the Jackets defeated the Islanders 6-2.
7. The start of the Western Canada trip wound up with Columbus beating Edmonton 3-1 on December 13.
8. Columbus beats the struggling Flames 4-1 on December 16th.
9. Columbus ends the trip with a 4-3 win over Torts' former team in Vancouver on December 18th.
10. On December 20th, the Jackets beat the Los Angeles Kings by the final score of 3-2.
11. On December 22nd, the Jackets dominated the Penguins by the final score of 7-1.
12. On December 23rd, the Jackets beat the Montreal Canadiens 2-1.
13. On December 27th, the Jackets beat the Boston Bruins 4-1 in the final game of a four game home stand.
14. On December 29th, the Jackets beat the Winnipeg Jets 5-3 in Manitoba.
15. The Blue Jackets ends the Minnesota Wild's winning streak 4-2 on New Year's Eve.
16. The Jackets defeated the Edmonton Oilers at home by the final score of 3-1.
Other things to look at from this past month.
1. Gregory Campbell is no longer a Blue Jacket. An underrated soupy situation, but his contract was terminated after clearing waivers. Younger guys were just able to surpass the veteran center.
2. Sergei Bobrovsky was named the first star of the month after a successful month that he had. Just amazing heroics by the Russian starting netminder.
3. Cam Atkinson is in the top ten in point scoring. He has surpassed Sam Gagner as the leading goal scorer. And Brandon Saad is slowly creeping behind him.
4. Alex Wennberg's game has made him look like an elite top line center this season. He was Kekalainen's first draft pick ever as general manger. And he has been able to stick with this team the entire time.
Also, the Jackets had three prospects in the World Junior Championship in Montreal: Calvin Thurkauf (captain of Switzerland); Gabriel Carlsson (Sweden); and Pierre-Luc Dubois (Canada).
Going with Dubois, an a final update, he was traded out of Cape Breton to a more winning team in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League.
What are your thoughts on the Columbus Blue Jackets?
More to come...
There is an issue with the form blow that will make it appear that nothing happens when you click the post message button below. To see your message, after you click the post message button, refresh this page. Sorry for the troubles, we hope to have it fixed soon.