So there will be a few things I will be looking for in tonight's matchup against the Blackhawks.
- Does the team show more energy than they had in their season opener ?
- Will any of the lines show any chemistry at all, and if not can head coach Claude Noel do enough mixing and matching to get anyone going ?
- How well will Mark Scheifele deal with being in a hostile environment in a big-league arena ?
- If Pavelec plays, will he give Jets fans a better idea of just how good he can be ?
- Will Ladd and big Buff attempt to get under the skin of their former club ?
- Will Evander Kane take his coaches comments to heart and play even better than he did in the season opener, or will Noel's comments have the opposite affect ?
All in all, I'm not expecting a win in tonight's contest, but hopefully they can form some kind of identity as well as create some chemistry and put a couple of pucks in the net. If they only pop a single goal in again it could prove to be something that weighs on the players minds in their next game against the Yotes. Either way, I can't wait for the puck to drop so some of these questions about this new Jets squad can be answered. I'm calling a 4-2 Hawks win......we'll see
I'll update after the game tonight.