What a spectacle in Smashville. This weekend could not have worked out better for the city of Nashville and for the league. Let's look at my predictions again:
1. "Matt Duchene will win fastest player award.
2. A Hometown Nashville player will win the Breakway Challenge on the Hometown goalie
3. She's Weber will obliviously win the Hardest Shot
4. The skills of the Metro will get them to the finals
5. The Pacific upsets the Central with Johnny Hockey carrying the team.
6. The Metro will earn the million dollar prize.
7. Barry Trotz will receive a major ovation from the crowd after leaving Nashville.
8. Jaromir Jagr will score a goal.
9. John Scott will drop the gloves and fight a player in the Central division.
10. Each game will have at least one side scoring at least 5 goals.
11. Patrick Kane will win accuracy shooting.
12. Drew Doughty will win the stick handling competition.
13. Jaromir Jagr will somehow win the shootout
14. The West will in the Skills Challenge Relay overall.
15. The celebrity coaches will learn a thing or two from their respective bench bosses."
1. I was not expecting Dylan Larkin to win the skating competition, even though he had a good case being the youngest player. Then breaking the 20 year old record makes it more sweeter for the not even 20 year old center.
2. P.K. Jagr stole the show in the breakaway challenge. Subban looked good in a Florida jersey. Plus, Burns and Pavelski's kids stole the show too. Ans Janes Neal bringing out a country star rounded it up for me.
3. Knew it.
4. What an upset. Personally, the talent on the metro is up there with the central. There are so many stars in this division- Crosby, Geno, Giroux, Ovi. Plus, the goaltending in this division is dominant on pretty much every team. To me, there is no excuse to why this team lost.
7. I could feel an upset coming in this tournament, but I wasn't expecting them to win it all (Pacific).
7. Knew it.
8. What a beauty it was too. Holtby froze up on JJ's goal in Game #1.
9. I knew it was coming. I wasn't expecting it to be the captain, though it made sense as it was the good guy against the bad guy (Scott v. Kane).
10. I wasn't expecting only one game where a one team- actually both teams- to score at least five goals. I wasn't expecting a 1-0 championship affair either.
11. Who knew Johnny T had accuracy besides Islander fans? The Isles need to find someone to work with him to score more goals.
12. The West won the relay, and stick handling was part of it.
13. Jagr is in the East, and the East won the shootout, so…
14. Wasn't expecting the East to dominant the West overall in skills.
15. The Atlantic learned how to do coach's challenge and give back rubs.
This weekend was one for the fans of Nashville and the entire league to remember. It's great for the players to also come together to support John Scott, and now it becomes a Cinderella story with him winning the MVP and his team winning the $1 million dollar prize.
Los Angeles know has a bar. Time to meet it or beat it.
What are your thoughts on the All Star weekend?
More to come…