Please allow me to introduce myself
Hi...no I'm not the Prince of Darkness, Lucifer...ya know...the
I'm just an easy going guy from Lac St. Charles, Quebec. Mind if I sit down and have a chat? Perhaps, I can offer a little sympathy
* You know, you should have won last night's game, honestly.
* You knew it was a four point game.
* You used your #1 netminder, even though he played the front end of the
back-to-back the night before.
* You knew you had to stay close in the standings, because the
points just get harder to come by and more important come playoff time
* You controlled the play with tenacious puck possession and the benefit of eight powerplay opportunities
* You outshot us 38 to 18
* You completely dominated the play in the first period. We were lucky to get out of it at 0-0.
* You got far better scoring chances than we did, including the Madden break at end of the seond period.
* You outplayed us for long stretches...you should have won the game, except for that damned goalie
Oh...who am I?
Pleased to meet you, hope you guess my name
Me...I'm just a guy who backed up others...not good enough some said. So, I hung around, until I saw it was time for a change. Now, I am getting some face time and I'm back with a vengeance.
But what's puzzling you is the nature of my game
Me...I have 5 wins
, two shutouts
, a Goals Against of 1.50
and a Save % of .951
. I've played nearly 138 minutes of scoreless hockey
. You have to go back to the 2:38 mark of the 3rd period against the Islanders since the opposition's biscuit hit the twine behind me. I have posted back-to-back shutouts for the first time in six years
. I held a Devils team scoreless for the first time in the history
of the Bank Building. That same Devils team owned us last year with a 7-0-1 record. Our team is leading the division when no one thought we might. It is still early, and we know it, but we are playing with fire and intensity.
So if you meet me have some courtesy,
have some sympathy and some taste
Use all your well-learned politesse
or I'll lay your soul to waste
OK...maybe not your eternal
soul, but perhaps your chances of winning the game. I am going to meet up with Cam Ward and the Canes next...a tough one. Maybe they will show me some sympathy
...probably not. Oh well.
Tell me, baby, what's my name
Oh...I'm Marty Biron
. The netminder for the Philadelphia Flyers
Oh, and I'll take your soul, too
Thanks for reading...