Quick Hit Mock Draft top 10
1. Avs- Mackinnon- Because Top tier talent like his at forward with his size is an undeniable play.
2. Panthers- Drouin- Drouinand Huberdeau woul make up their Kane Toews and they know it.
3. Lightening- Barkov- Jones is a huge temptation but they drafted their stud D already, they will need Centre help and scoring with Vinny likely on his way out.
4. Preds- Jones- Lost a stud D and get another.
5. Hurricanes- Monahan- Just the best guy available and they have time to look at moving him to wing.
6. Flames- Lindholm- Monahan would’ve been first choice based on his size but Lindholm can be a legit NHL Player soon due to his IQ
7. Oilers- Nichushkin- He would fit into the top six right away on a dynamic forward unit, Not taking a D because they will get more established guys who can help now.
8. Sabres- Ristolainen- Drafted a stud C last year now a stud D with a big shot.
9. Devils- Horvat- Probably a great deal at 9 spot given they will probably be getting a 1 or 2 centre.
10. Stars- Nurse- No way Nurse falls to 10 right? Well someone falls and it`s likely a D in this draft.
• I could see the Flames moving into the 3rd spot by taking Vincent Lacavalier off of the lightening, giving the bolts the 6th pick. Feaster knows Vinny, Vinny still puts up numbers and the Flames have the cap room. He has spoken about getting a Number 1 Centre so this fits, it would also allow them to pick Barkov who they should be coveting the most outside of the unreachable Mackinnon. Feaster said no post apex players but would probably spout on about Vinny still putting up decent numbers. Honestly he does.
• At 22 I see the Flames taking any one of Petan, Rychel or Erne. They should like Erne`s speed very much.
• At 28 I see them flipping to Montreal for two 2nd round picks,35 and 36th for 28th. I see the Flames hopefully getting Dauphin and knowing them Fucale with these.
• I could see the Flames trading Cammalleri to The Sens for the 78th pick and D Aneloski who plays with Jankowski and Gillies in Providence.
• I would also say that Hudler and Stempniak may also be on the block given this is a re-build but hey… they need to play some vets!